Yu-Ju Tsai (蔡侑儒)Ph.D. Student
Supervisor: Prof. Ming-Hsuan Yang
Vision and Learning Lab, University of California, Merced
Status: Working hard on several projects!
- I am a first-year Ph.D. student in the Vision and Learning Lab at University of California, Merced, under the supervision of Prof. Ming-Hsuan Yang.
- Before coming to UC Merced, I received my M.S. degree in Computer Science at National Taiwan University in 2019, supervised by Prof. Ming Ouhyoung and Prof. Yung-Yu Chuang. I received my B.S. degree in Computer Science at National Taiwan University in 2017.
- My research interests lie in computer vision, with a focus on computational photography.
- [2023/05] Start my Internship at Amazon CoRo Team!
- [2022/09] One paper accepted to BMVC 2022. See the papers below.
- [2022/08] Award Chancellor’s Graduate Fellowship at University of California, Merced.
- [2022/08] Start my Ph.D. study at University of California, Merced.
- [2019/11] One first-author paper accepted to AAAI 2020. See the papers below.
- [2019/08] Start my Research Assistant at National Taiwan University, Taiwan.
Publications＊ Indicate Co-First Author
SearchTrack: Multiple Object Tracking with Object-Customized Search and Motion-Aware Features
Attention-based View Selection Networks for Light-field Disparity Estimation
Affordable System for Measuring Motion-to-Photon Latency of Virtual Reality in Mobile Devices
Live Room Merger: A Real-Time Augmented Reality System for Merging Two Room Scenes
ThirdEye: a coaxial feature tracking system for stereoscopic video see-through augmented reality
A modified wheatstone-style head-mounted display prototype for narrow field-of-view video see-through augmented reality
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Reviewer, The 16th Asian Conference on Computer Vision (ACCV), 2022
- Chancellor’s Graduate Fellowship, University of California, Merced, 2022
- Honorary Member, The Phi Tau
Phi Scholastic Honor Society of the Republic of China, 2019
Top 3% of the graduated student
- Excellent Teaching Assistants Awards, Department of CSIE, NTU,
For the course "Neural Networks" (Fall 2018)
- Presidential Awards, Department of CSIE, NTU, 2016 – 2017
Top 5%, 2 times (Fall 2016, Spring 2017)
- Bronze price in ACM SIGGRAPH Student Research Competition
For our work "ThirdEye: a coaxial feature tracking system for stereoscopic video see-through augmentedreality"
- Applied Scientist Intern on Amazon CoRo Team, Belleuve, US, 2023/05 – 2023/08
- Research Assistant of National Taiwan University, Taiwan, 2019 – 2022
- Intern of HTC Vive Team, Taiwan, 2017 – 2018
- Summer Intern of Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taiwan, 2016
- Conference Reviewer for ACCV, CVPR
- Invited Journal Reviewer for IEEE Transactions on Image Processing (TIP)
- Student Volunteer for SIGGRAPH Asia 2016, 2017, 2019